Website Screen Scotland
Role: Head of Production, Screen Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Dependent on experience
Dates: Interviews in April, role to start ASAP.
Talented People is working with Screen Scotland, the partnership leading on the development of film and TV in Scotland. It’s an exciting time to be joining the organisation, part of Creative Scotland, which distributes screen funding from the National Lottery and benefits from strong support from the Scottish Government; a time where the small team is growing in line with its ambitious plans to make Scotland a home to world class film and TV talent. You can read the full Screen Scotland Business Plan here and at: www.screen.scot/businessplan
The workplace is inclusive and collaborative, with a sense of real purpose where the right person in the right role can truly make a difference.
Our client has an ambitious remit to develop and grow the film and TV sectors in Scotland.
The Head of Production will provide strategic leadership through strong and positive relationships in the sector, ensuring up to date specialist knowledge and expertise of the production environment in Scotland, the UK and internationally.
The Head of Production will be responsible for boosting production by maximising the strategic value of available funding and supporting best production practice in funded projects, helping to grow the number, quality and diversity of film and television productions in and from Scotland.
The ideal candidate will have the following key attributes and experience:
– Film and/or TV production experience at Senior Production Manager, Production Executive, Line Producer or Head of Production level
– Expertise and/or familiarity with the screen production sector in Scotland.
– Knowledge of a wide range of existing and emerging approaches to production across scripted and/or unscripted genres, familiarity with the talent base, and existing developmental initiatives for the sector.
– An ability to provide expert assessments of production considerations and funded projects including budget, schedule, ability of the production team to deliver and the capacity to identify and offer expert advice and support where there are areas of risk.
– Expert knowledge of development, financing and production of funded projects through to completion.
– Be able to assume a project management role on relevant activities
– A first class organisational skillset, ability to work effectively and in collaboration with a range of internal colleagues, external partners, organisations and individuals, as well as liaising with co-financiers to align with production challenges
– The ability and desire to act as a source of advice, guidance and influence to organisations and individuals across Scotland, the UK and internationally
– A track record of working positively with the media and stakeholders/partners
If this role both inspires and excites you, and you’d like more information and/or to apply, do so using the button below, or by emailing us your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: Friday 10th April 2020.
Creative Scotland & Talented People are Equal Opportunity organisations. We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and circumstances in line with our diversity pledge, which is available upon request.