Website Screen Scotland
Role: Head of Unscripted, Screen Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: Glasgow / Edinburgh
Dates: Interviews in April, role to start ASAP.
Talented People is working with Screen Scotland, the partnership leading on the development of film and TV in Scotland. It’s an exciting time to be joining the organisation, part of Creative Scotland, which distributes screen funding from the National Lottery and benefits from strong support from the Scottish Government; a time where the small team is growing in line with its ambitious plans to make Scotland a home to world class film and TV talent. You can read the full Screen Scotland Business Plan here and at: www.screen.scot/businessplan
The workplace is inclusive and collaborative, with a sense of real purpose where the right person in the right role can truly make a difference.
Our client has an ambitious remit to develop and grow the film and TV sectors in Scotland.
The Head of Unscripted will be an important and influential role. This role will lead on both film and TV projects which champion Scottish talent, build relationships with creative and finance partners to strengthen the sector, and develop and oversee the quality, breadth and diversity of the funded slate overall. It’s a senior title – but that shouldn’t hold you back from applying if you have the right experience… as a newly created role, we’d be keen to hear from Senior Development Producers / Executives with strong industry relationships looking for a new challenge, or Series / Exec Producers with commercial and development experience…
The ideal candidate will have the following key attributes and experience:
– Senior editorial, development and managerial experience in film and / or TV within a commercial environment.
– Expertise and/or familiarity with the screen production sector in Scotland.
– A proven track record in, and a commitment to, growing new and established talent.
– Relationships with relevant organisations and commissioners; be part of a strong professional network.
– Have a deep and current understanding of strategy and market conditions in order to develop innovative forward-thinking strategies and initiatives.
– Excellent knowledge and experience of partnership working, an ability to broker new connections and to maintain strong professional relationships and networks.
– Track record of successful leadership, planning and delivery at a strategic level, ideally with experience of managing multiple projects concurrently.
If this role both inspires and excites you, and you’d like more information and/or to apply, do so via the button below or by emailing us your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: Friday 10th April 2020.
Creative Scotland & Talented People are Equal Opportunity organisations. We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and circumstances in line with our diversity pledge, which is available upon request.