Talented People celebrates its second birthday this week – and we couldn’t be prouder.
What a phenomenal two years it’s been. We’ve grown from two ambitious Talent Execs juggling it all to a trusted five strong team with far reaching contacts and even bigger ideas. We have faced more challenging and rewarding searches than we ever could have predicted this year, stretching from freelancers for high end obs doc series for SVODs to returning Fact Ent series for terrestrial channels, and from in-house business winning Creative Directors to permanent & influential development heads.
Thanks to everyone who’s come along for the ride this year – clients, freelancers, industry leaders and everyone we’ve drunk coffee and chatted with, availability-checked and laughed with through this last 365 days…
Just for a giggle, here’s our year in somewhat eye-widening numbers.
- Placed senior staff at 59 different companies of all shapes and sizes – traditional TV, multi-platform, regional, super group and start-up
- Set up speculative meetings with 144 people new to us
- Moved 1798 candidates onto our GDPR friendly database
- Run more Series Producer searches than you can shake a stick at, taking more than 10 hours per week on average over the entire year
- Gained more than 8000 followers across our social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Linked In)
- Worked with 4 companies on a regular basis as their committed, on-call talent team
- Promoted and collaborated on 4 hands on camera courses with Jeremy Humphries from Skills 2 Film
- Watched 252 hours of TV for research and credit stalking purposes
- Enjoyed styling 175 retro pegboard pics (with added props)
- Poured over 52 copies of Broadcast
- Took part on 1 judging panel for the Griersons DocLab applicants 2019
- Attended 10 other industry events and networking opportunities both in London and regionally
- Drunk 1624 coffees*
- Spent 875 hours on the phone**
- Spent a concerning 7628 hours on our emails***
Which all adds up to an exceptionally busy second year. So what will next year look like? Well, judging by these numbers and the plans we have in store (watch this space!), the coffee consumption won’t be going down, that’s for sure.
*OK so this is estimated
**This sadly isn’t
***It’s in that ballpark
Are you following Talented People on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn? If you’re not, you’re missing good TV industry chat and news, what to watch on the box, as well as our latest job opportunities… Keep your eyes peeled for these blog posts too, they’re pretty fun and informative.
*Talented People is an Equal Opportunity company and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds and circumstances*