We would like to share something with you that was actually written for our clients. But the feedback has been astonishing, and we’ve been encouraged to share it with our candidates too.
If you’ve been following us for a while, you’ll know we’ve been busy with searches and Facebook Live sessions over lockdown. What you don’t know is that we’ve been furiously paddling away under the water to improve our entire system and the way we work behind the scenes. We want to shake up the way staffing is done in this industry. And it all stemmed from a sentence one of us drafted a a kind of mission statement (for want of a less wanky term):
“We believe that Talented People can bring about significant and positive change to the industry via the talent we find for productions, and how we treat them.”
So – we have just made five clear and bold promises to clients from the moment they engage us in a search. And most of them affect you guys, so here they are:
Dear Client, we promise that:
1) We will target candidates, but also throw the door wide open. We will proactively approach those in our own carefully cultivated network who would be perfect for your role, but as an inclusive & responsible staffing company, we will advertise far and wide and fairly consider every single application.
2) We will strive to present candidates from minority ethnic or under-represented groups in every shortlist. And if we can’t, we’ll be honest, explain why we haven’t achieved this, and let you see our work. If there’s the possibility of additional support or job shadowing, we will suggest diverse candidates who didn’t quite make the shortlist as they weren’t senior enough or didn’t have the right experience for the brief.
3) Your candidates will always receive feedback on their interview or application. They’ve taken the time to apply or meet you, and are hopeful. It’s only fair. And we are representing you in this search, so it’s important they are treated well and get a good feeling about your company.
4) We will always challenge ourselves on unconscious bias. And we’ll use our training and expertise to ensure that each candidate is assessed fairly.
5) We will follow up with you about the candidate’s performance. Our service doesn’t end when you make the hire. We’ll keep in touch to see how your chosen candidate is getting on and to see if we can assist with any feed back to them once their contract ends.
Perhaps these sound small, or that you assumed they were a given, but we know from many of you guys that in this busy freelance market in a very competitive industry, such plain protocol and courtesies are not commonplace. Our team at TP can commit to these promises because we’re dedicated purely to staffing. Plus, we really care about sourcing and handling candidates in a thorough and decent way – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because a team will be better for it.